Black Bear Hunting
The extreme northeast corner of Alberta has become famous for trophy hunting. The perfect combination of remoteness, habitat and genetics, helps to consistently produce trophy animals. Our success has not gone unnoticed, many renowned hunters, outdoor writers and television programs have featured our big game outfitting. Over the years these have included the likes of Tom Miranda, Kirk Dooms, Bob Foulkrod, Russell Thornberry, Wade Nolan and Brenda Valentine.
Alberta is known for great bear hunting and many good opportunities exist over much of the province. However, all hunts are not created equal as the landscape is diverse. We are located nearly 500 miles northeast of Edmonton! With increased activity in the resource sector, a lot of the province has become easily accessible in the last several years. This access can provide challenges for trophy hunts as other outfitters and resident hunters compete for trophies.
Our area has zero resource development and remains isolated and not easily accessible. We have a unique operating advantage as we own all big game guiding tags for all species. Resident competition with guided hunts is next to nil, as most utilize our outfitting and air charter services.
In addition we border the country’s largest national Park – Wood Buffalo and its millions of acres of protected land. The Northwest Territories borders to the north and there is no outfitting permitted in this region of the Northwest Territories.
Northern Alberta “Great Canadian Shield” Hunting Experience
Our territory is Alberta’s sole claim to the Canadian shield and the land is a combination of rugged outcroppings of rock and characterized by over 100 lakes.
We own and operate an air charter service, which allows us to fly the hunting area year round. This provides our hunters with a special advantage as we can set up camps in the best areas and continually open up new territory.
The combination of remote wilderness, exclusive outfitting rights and air charter support, all increase the odds for success.
Spring and Fall Hunts
In our exclusive area bordering Wood Buffalo Park offers “active bait” or “spot & stalk” hunts for some of Alberta’s largest black bears. This is a 2 bear area, with many of our hunters taking color phase and skulls scoring between 18 and 20 inches.
▪ Hunter pick-up is in Fort Smith, NWT – daily air service from Edmonton.
▪ Largest exclusive area in Alberta
▪ Multiple camps (2—4 hunters each) within our 5000 square mile area
▪ Opening new never before hunted territories
▪ Spring Weights averaging 250-325 lbs with hides squaring 6+ feet.
▪ Exceptional trophies over 500 lbs, 21”+ skulls and squaring 8+ feet.
▪ Wilderness camps accessed by boat, floatplane and helicopter
▪ All color phase bears (dark chocolate brown to blonde white to glacier blue)
▪ Accommodation – lodge/cabin/outpost & spike camps
▪ Incredible trophy fishing available for Northern Pike, Lake Trout and Walleye
▪ Black Bear ( 2 bear limit) combination hunts
▪ Wild Wood Bison combination hunts
6 Day Trip
Spring: May – June
Fall: August – September
$5695 US per Hunter (base camp hunt)
$6695 US per Hunter (fly out outpost hunt + fishing)
BLACK BEAR (BAIT AND SPOT & STALK)
• Includes hunting for 2 bears plus fishing
* Wild buffalo can be added for a $5000.00 trophy fee.
Hunt Package includes:
Return air charter from Fort Smith, NWT to camp
Accommodation/meals while in camp
Bear tags (2)
Fishing license and all taxes
Hunt Package does NOT include:
Gratuity to guides and staff
Slave River Camp: May 9 – 15, May 15 – 21, May 21 – 27
4 Mile Lake Base Camp: May 10 – 16, May 16 – 22, May 22 – 28
Lake Outpost Camp: May 24 – 30, May 30 – June 5, June 5 – June 11