The extreme northeast corner of Alberta has become famous for trophy hunting. The perfect combination of remoteness, habitat and genetics, helps to consistently produce trophy animals.
Our success has not gone unnoticed, many renowned hunters, outdoor writers and television programs have featured our big game outfitting.
Our calling season “Rut Hunts” can provide incredible excitement when a giant moose bull answers the call.
Our guides will position each hunter in optimum
locations in our exclusive 5,000 square mile.
Alberta is known for great moose hunting and many good opportunities exist over much of the province. However, all hunts are not created equal as the landscape is diverse. We are located nearly 500 miles / 800 km northeast of Edmonton! With increased activity in the resource sector, a lot of the province has become easily accessible in the last several years.
This access can provide challenges for trophy hunts as other outfitters and resident hunters compete for trophies. Our area has zero resource development and remains isolated and not easily accessible. We have a unique operating advantage as we big game guiding tags for all species. Resident competition with guided hunts is next to nil, as most utilize our outfitting and air charter services.
In addition, we border the country’s largest national Park — Wood Buffalo and its millions of acres of protected land. The Northwest Territories borders to the north and there is no outfitting permitted in this region of the NWT. Our territory is Alberta’s sole claim to the Canadian shield and the land is a combination of rugged outcroppings of rock and characterized by over 100 lakes.
We own and operate an air charter service, which allows us to fly the hunting area year round. This provides our hunters with a special advantage as we can set up camps where the greatest concentration of moose are found. The combination of remote wilderness, exclusive lakes and air charter support, all increase the odds for success. Many hunters have returned, some 2, 6, 10 & 19 years in a row hunting with us!
• Hunter pick up is in Fort Smith, Northwest Territories (with daily airline service from Edmonton, Alberta)
• Average moose harvested has a 40″- 50″ + rack, with the largest scoring over 66″.
• Largest exclusive area in Alberta
• High scoring racks in Boone & Crocket and Safari Club
• Small camps 2-4 hunters
• Fly-in camps – lodge/cabin/outpost camps/spike camps
• Incredible trophy fishing available for Northern Pike, Lake Trout and Walleye
• Black Bear (2 bear limit) combinations
Moose Hunt Schedule:
2020 season – September 1 – October 4
2020 Drop Camp Air Charter Service – $2195 per person + 5% GST
- Alberta Residents Only (All non Alberta residents must be on guided package) Residents can get draw or undersubscribed tags WMU 530, 531, 532, 534
- Includes return 45 mile air charter 1400 pound limit (2 people + food, gear & all equipment) from Fort Smith, NWT
- Free Pre trip overnight accommodation / Free parking at floatplane base
- Bring ALL of your own camp gear, boat, canoe etc.
- Additional costs for external load & tie fees on Boat/canoe
- Any external load = $1000 more per person = $2995 rate per person (flights up to 45 miles), additional miles at $15 per mile
- Aircraft useful 1400 pound weight decreased to maximum of 1000 pounds (depending on flight distance) with any external load tied on the outside of the aircraft.
- An inflatable boat or pack boat that can fit inside the aircraft avoids any external load cost and the standard $1995 rate can be used.
- Up to 14 Days – Self guided Moose/Bear/Fishing
- 12 ft or 14 ft Aluminum Boat & Motor Rental option from Fort Smith add $1000 / 2 = $500 (per person)
- Fuel additional
- Additional flights (if required) $800 (700 pounds)
- Additional mileage (if required) $7/mile
2020 Charter & Full Camp Rental Package – $3895 (per person + GST)
- Alberta Residents can get draw or undersubscribed tags WMU 532, 530, 531, 534
- Hunt Package includes;
- FREE Pre trip overnight accommodation and parking at floatplane base
- 7 DAYS Self guided Moose/Bear/Fishing • Includes return 60 mile air charter from Fort Smith, NWT
- Unlimited weight for gear & food to be flown into Lake Camp
- All flights In & Out, Including: camp checks, meat & trophy transport to Fort Smith
- Complete camp: tent/cabin, cook stove, wood stove heater, cots, axe, saw, lanterns, propane cooking kit, table, chairs etc.
2020 Fully Guided Hunt Package Rates
$12995.00 US Moose + 2 Bears + Fishing
$10950.00 US Moose + Fishing
- Non Alberta Resident & Alberta Resident
- Hunt Package includes:
- 2×1 guiding (1×1 guiding available for additional $1500
- Return air charter from Fort Smith, NWT to camp
- Flying out all meat and trophies to Fort Smith, NWT
- Accommodation/meals while in camp
- WIN Card,
- Hunting license
- Moose tag and Bear tags (2)
- Wolf permit
- Fishing license
- No Trophy fees
- All taxes
- Hunt Package does NOT include gratuity to guides, pilots and staff
- 2020 Dates; September 16 – 23, September 23 – 30, September 25 – October 2